The People Practice – Our client, a Digital Bank that explores an easier and better way to save, make payments and manage money, is recruiting to fill the position
- Our client is looking to hire a talented Financial Accountant who will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of the company.
- This role involves daily analysis of transactions, balancing of accounts and reconciliations needed to scale up the business and have a big impact on the finance department.
- Overall responsibility for handling daily accounting tasks such as preparation and posting of receipts, deposits, purchase orders, invoices and other standard tasks.
- Ensure daily balancing of transactions and account reconciliations.
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Support Preparation of the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements;
- Responsible for ensuring all bills passed by card provider and processor are accurate by matching them with the number of cards and transactions for the period in view.
- Ensure all statutory filings such as PAYE, CIT, VAT and WHT and prepared and filed on a timely basis
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Collecting and analyzing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure seamless audit procedures and deliver financial accounts within stipulated timelines
- Use technology to streamline and amplify our finance capabilities
- Learn new technologies and transform your learnings into applicable tools to benefit our growth ambitions.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks for the purpose of preparing monthly management accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a Finance role; Finance industry experience highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with experience in financial reporting and complex reconciliations.
- Ability to identify cause and effect relationships while making data-driven recommendations in a structured manner.
Must have skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced work environment.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online