Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT) was founded in 1980 to manufacture and distribute high integrity machine tools and other engineering products and spares designed to serve the project, operation and maintenance needs of a range of industries. As Nigeria’s first internationally certified producer of Oil industry standard Stud Bolts, Nuts and Flanges, NMT also produces customized castings for various industries including: construction, cement, oil and gas, manufacturing as well as for the transport industry. Included in our offerings is machining services which is ISO 9001 certified. Our surface treatment facility which comprises PTFE and powder coating as well as Hot Dip Galvanizing plants ensure products are finished to customer specifications.
- Capitalization of Fixed Assets including all related documentation;
- Analysis and correction of ERP work order variances;
- Analysis of labor costs and overhead expenses each week, throughout the month in comparison vs. budget, forecast, prior month, and prior year;
- Daily Factory productivity calculation, analysis, and report;
- Month-end close process and related journal entry preparation;
- Assist Factory Controller in annual budget preparation and new standard cost setting (including work center rates);
- Management of petty cash disbursements and receipts/replenishments including miscellaneous sales to employees;
- Inventory Maintain accuracy in receiving, month-end paperwork, inventory adjustments, usage, and costing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and relevant Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAP).
- Manufacturing industry background preferred.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform the job’s essential functions typically acquired through 3 or more years of related experience.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Cost Accounting Standards knowledge.
- Must adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Additional Certification (ICAN) is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online