Neveah Limited is a leading commodities trading company essentially dealing in the export of solid minerals and agricultural products. The company was established in 2014 with five operational offices in different states and her head office in Abuja, Nigeria. Our services are centered around sourcing the finest, solid minerals and the healthiest agricultural products from the local market and exporting them to meet the demands of our customers at international markets.
Brief Job Overview
- We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Officer to join the Internal Audit Team.
- The Internal Audit Officer will work with the Internal Audit Team to provide independent and objective evaluations of Neveah’s financial and operational business activities, including corporate governance, examining company documents and data to identify issues like regulatory noncompliance, data inaccuracies, and fraud.
- Conduct daily reviews and reconciliation of Financial records and supporting documents
- Carry out periodic inventory count at Neveah’s warehouses
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Internal Audit Work Plan
- Assist in developing an annual budget based on the planned activities of the Internal Audit function
- Assist in the implementation of audits plan
- Review state offices’ financial reports conduct follow-up visits to state offices in line with the approved annual audit plan and as the need arise
- Assist in the review and optimization of all company’s assets, consumables, and operational cost; carry out assets verification exercise by regularly interfacing with the Administrative and Logistics Management Department
- Assist in coordinating and ensure that all recommendations contained in the Audit Report are implemented and monitored adequately
- Assist in highlighting areas where risks are not identified or where risk management processes could be improved
- Review and prepare report within stipulated Turn around Time for all operational processes or transactions
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Quarterly Board Audit Reports
- Support Regulatory Audit: ensure regulators get the required Internal Audit support to complete audit procedures
- Assist in investigations to ascertain the facts of fraud, irregularities, malpractices and employee malfeasance and provide remediation steps and investigation report
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as an internal audit officer or related field.
- Must belong to a professional Accounting Body.
Required Technical & Behavioral Competence:
- Experienced in data analysis, working with big data, insights interpretation, and data upload using any ERP
- Sound Investigative and Analytical skill such as Power Bi, Excel modelling, PostgreSQL, data mining, and data cleaning
- Proficiency in use of Accounting Software
- Knowledgeable of generally accepted Accounting Principles and Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Demonstrated Understanding of Relevant Laws and Policies
- Great communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other office management tools and applications.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to use issue trees and MECE.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to Work Independently
- Excellent time management and people managements skills.
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Possesses high level of integrity and high moral standard
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of work days.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.