Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
- To create and fully take all sales opportunities, drawing in prospective commercial, corporate, and retail customers to achieve financial targets through sales and cross-sales within assigned product programs, service management system and overall cluster targets and to constantly meet and or exceed the cluster target on monthly basis.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy to ensure branch targets are met. This includes coaching staff on product knowledge, cross-selling and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the market/business area to drive optimal achievement of these opportunities.
- Co-ordinates cross-selling opportunities with other business departments like corporate solutions, corporate banking, PMS, EFT, virtual banking, and other E-business products for possible businesses/ opportunities.
- Conducts meetings with the marketing team and carry out reviews on the previous performance and plan for the month ahead.
- Plan and oversees new marketing initiatives including branch expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing customers.
- Driving peak performance and commercial marketing success for all relationship officers across the branches.
- Accountable for maintaining high data quality standards by ensuring information captured in the Bank’s systems and documentation by teams are accurate and maintained in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the sale’s operational efficiency of the branch and productivity of its staff.
- Manage the risk management process for the designated customer portfolio and be accountable for the ongoing monitoring of credit quality and compliance with Bank’s policies.
- Develop close relationships with operations and risk management team to ensure delivery of quality products and services to customers.
- Accountable for operating responsibly within the parameters of approved delegations.
- Contribute to the net profitability of the region/zone; ensure effective management of revenue collection and expenditure control.
- Ensures that all aspects of revenue collection and operational expenditure are actively monitored and that they are in line with the operating budget.
- Review actual figures in the Branch Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss against budget and / or against past months’ performance and investigate undue variations.
- Drive the growth of deposits, loans and overdrafts to increase profitability of the Branch.
- Build organizational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Responsible for the development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet business needs.
- Ensure the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensure skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Create an environment in which learning, and development are emphasized and valued.
- Take personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports and constantly give feedback during monthly one-on-one review meetings.
Qualification and Skills
Below are the qualifications required to work as a Business Development Manager:
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Any Discipline. Additional Qualification will be an Added Advantage
- Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 12 – 15 years cognate experience
- Professional Certification: CIBN
- Experience: Sales and Marketing
- Digitally Savvy
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online