Lopterra Services Limited – Our client is an emerging leader in the hospitality industry with a prestigious hotel renowned for offering exceptional hospitality and guest experiences.
- With a commitment to delivering unparalleled service, our client is looking for a meticulous and dedicated Accountant to join the team.
- The Hotel’s Accountant will play a vital role in ensuring accurate financial management and reporting, contributing to the success and financial health of our establishment.
- Manage all aspects of the hotel’s financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll processing.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements, budgets, and variance reports, providing insights to support strategic decision-making by management.
- Prepare reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Oversee daily cash flow management, ensuring sufficient funds are available for operational needs.
- Coordinate and review all financial transactions, ensuring compliance with internal policies and accounting standards.
- Perform regular reconciliations of bank accounts, vendor accounts, and other financial records to maintain accuracy and integrity.
- Prepare and file tax returns and ensure compliance with tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Monitor and control hotel expenses, implementing cost-saving measures without compromising service quality.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop and manage department budgets, providing guidance on financial matters.
- Assist in financial forecasting and planning to support the hotel’s growth and expansion objectives.
- Monitor and maintain inventory and stock ledgers
- Compute PAYE, VAT taxes and render returns
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Participate in internal and external financial audits
- Manage internal controls to safeguard assets and maintain financial transparency.
- Conduct periodic audits and
- Keep up-to-date with financial regulations and industry trends to ensure best practices in financial management.
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Ensure all transactions are captured in company ERP
- Maintain and manage the financial documents to safeguard financial records and audit.
- Review and implement financial policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an Accountant.
- Experience in business tax planning and management
- Experience calculating and remitting taxes to the FIRS and LIRS.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and taxation.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Office applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Membership of a recognized accounting professional body is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV in pdf to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.