Venmac Resources Limited is a hotel management company with an unmatched experience in the hospitality Industry. Over the years we have worked with reputable 3-5 star hotels across the nation, providing business solutions in the hospitality industry, and we have earned ourselves as one of the emerging hospitality management company committed to seeing our clients satisfied, hence our slogan ‘Thinking Beyond Boundaries.’
- The Deputy Manager Operations will oversee all aspects of the hotels internal operation.
Specific Duties & Activities
Areas of Responsibility:
- The Deputy manager Operations will provide strategic direction for employees to enhance customer experience and ensure the smooth and profitable running of the hotel.
Specific Duties and Activities
- The job holder will have responsibility to oversee and manage the hotel’s daily affairs in accordance with the hotel’s mission & vision statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and staff development with established quality standards.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and make sound financial/business decision making.
- Achieves the hotel’s profit, customer service and revenue goals by the operation of the hotel.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for rooms, food and beverages, administrative targets are met.
- Coordinating, overseeing and managing all departments and service units as well as working closely with them on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the hotel and its operations.
- Ensure that all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and management and any other responsibility as may be assigned by the management.
- Oversee the operation of the hotel and ensure the hotel’s profit, customer service and revenue goals are met.
- Any other assigned roles by the management.
Food & Beverage:
- Assist the F & B Manager with all the oversight functions as it relates to the food and beverage department and its staff.
- Properly assist the f & b manager in ensuring that during functions, banqueting and buffets services, necessary plans are put in place to ensure that adequate plans are been carried out.
- Assist the F & B manager to randomly inspect the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry, etc).
- Create roster for front office staff and approve any changes.
- Create a positive work environment for employees to thrive, communicate with team and set positive review targets.
- Signs off on completed checklist of front office staff at the end of each shift.
- Ensure front office staff have followed up on customer concerns (Sign off on guest request sheet).
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observe service behaviours of employees and provide feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Functions as the night duty manager, during the high occupancy periods.
- Key contact for guest issues or emergencies Record.
- manage and resolve all guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Update and analyze guest feedback report.
- Meet and greet VIP clients and escort them to their rooms where applicable.
- Ensure certain guests (such as disabled people, elderly, children & VIPs) receive personalized service.
- Assist on the front desk when short staffed or during staff break.
- Respond to guest enquiries via email and over the phone.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Self-motivated, and demonstrating huge capacity of being disciplined enough to effectively run the hotel operations.
- Demonstrate a natural inclination to strive towards success.
- Innovative to adapt quickly and effectively to the competitive nature of the hospitality industry.
- Empathetic and supportive, not only to guest but also to staff members.
- A good listener who knows when to take action and provide solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Hotel Administration or a related field is preferred.
- Experience: 7-10 years experience in hotel management both locally or internationally.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by writing and attaching a detailed Resume with a valid Phone number to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.