IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
- Under the line management of the IMPACT Country Coordinator or his/her delegates in Nigeria, the Senior Data Officer ensures the validity and strengthens the quality and efficiency of all IMPACT research cycles in Nigeria, in accordance with IMPACT’s standards, partner expectations, and IMPACT’s ethos of facilitating an evidence-based response.
- In coordination with the Country Senior Management Team, the Senior Data Officer will provide technical inputs at all stages of relevant research cycles, including for secondary data reviews, assessment conceptualization, research design, data cleaning, data analysis, production of information products (inclusive of maps and factsheets), and dissemination of information products, etc.
- S/he will be involved in partner coordination, donor reporting, presentations, and will be required to provide input to the strategic development of IMPACT in Nigeria.
- The Senior Data Officer will also be responsible for developing and implementing a continuous capacity building program for national and international team members, and (when relevant) for providing trainings to partners.
- Academic Excellent academic qualifications, preferably including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
- Research skills Advanced experience of data science. Excellent data analysis skills.
- Software skills Advanced knowledge of R, STATA, Python or equivalent statistical software.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of ArcGIS an advantage.
- Familiarity aid system Familiarity with the aid system and with the research community.
- Training skills Ability to conduct trainings and mentor IMPACT teams and partners on assessment skills.
- Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting.
- Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles.
- Level of independence Strong existing ability to work independently in support of colleagues and partners.
- Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
- Experience in geographical region Past experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is desirable.
- Language skills Fluency in English required, competency in French an asset.
- For this position, salary between 2’460 CHF and 2’520 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff.
- A location-dependent security and/or isolation adjustment is then applied as a recognition that some staff are required to work in difficult places where living and working conditions are much more difficult than elsewhere.
- Accommodation and food provided in the guesthouse.
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance.
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered (in-country travel costs and professional expenses are fully covered).
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: between 20 and 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract (+ luggage and personal property insurance)
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment. Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’s HQ in Geneva + one week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- IMPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fees.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit your application using the form above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via [email protected] .
- Location is Darka Senegal,With regular travels to Abuja, Nigeria .